Old students Association was established in the year 2005. The name of the old students association is ‘Tadatmya’. The college was started in the year 2002 and it has completed 6 years. Various committees were formed and in each committee one lecturer and one trainee were appointed as head. 78 trainees became members of OSA [Alumni]. Alumni intend to conduct different kinds of academic and social activities. Last year, we published one magazine as an activity of Tadatmya.
Parents Teachers Association
Parents Teachers Association was established in the year 2007-08. The name of this association is "Setu".
B. J. Patel college of Education publishes its magazine named ‘Pathey’ every year. In this magazine, information regarding staff members, various committees, about management, different activities of the college, photos of cultural activities, name and address of all the teacher trainees, articles, poetry etc. composed by trainees or taken from some books, magazines etc. are published. The magazine has proved to be very useful to all teacher trainees and the principals of the schools of this area. Till today we have published eleven volumes of the same and all the volumes are admired by the local education field. From last five years we have published our magazine as special issues on subjects like Educational Psychology, Environment Education, Swarnim Gujarat special issue, Dashabdi year special issue, special issue on Swami Vivekananda and Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel and Special issue on 'Educational Thinkers'.
We are conscious about the importance of Educational researches and we are planning to undertake different researches in future. All the faculty members are engaged in research activities at their own. All the faculty members attended the conferences and seminars and presented research paper. The articles of many lecturers are published in well-known magazines.
Special Events (State level conference of AIAER)
A state level conference of AIAER was arranged on 5th February, 2006. The theme of the conference was “innovative Practices in classroom Instruction”. More than 100 delegates attended the conference and 80 papers were presented in the conference on different themes. Dr. Rameshchandra Kothari, [Vice chancellor of the Veer Narmad South Gujarat University, Surat inaugurated the conference. Dr. Shashikant Shah [Professor and Head, Department of Education, Veer Narmad South Gujarat University, Surat] delivered a valedictory lecture. Learning legend and President of all India Association for Educational research, Dr. B. K. Passi remained present in the conference.
State Level Seminar on Action Research
In the year 2008-09, a state level Seminar was organized on 21st February, 2009. The topic of the seminar was Action Research. The seminar was organized for B.Ed. trainees of Gujarat State. Total 175 trainees from all over Gujarat State participated in the seminar. Dr. Anil Ambasana, Associate Professor of Saurashtra University, Rajkot was inivited as expert for seminar. The seminar was conducted in three sessions. Dr. Ghanshyam Raval, Syndicate Member of Veer Narmad South Gujarat University, Surat inaugurated the seminar. The same day is also celebrated as International Mother Tongue Day and Dr. Rawal delivered lecture on International Mother Tongue Day.
Inter college competitions
- In the academic year, 2007-08 we have arranged inter B.Ed. college "BEST UNIT LESSON PLAN COMPETITION".
- In the academic year, 2010-11, in collaboration with Nagarpalika, Bardoli college had arranged inter school and inter college Essay writing and Book Review competition.
- As a part of decade celebration, we have arranged inter B.Ed/M.Ed. college "BOOK REVIEW COMPETITION".
- As a part of decade celebration, we have arranged inter B.Ed. college "BEST PRACTICAL WORK COMPETITION".
- In the academic year, 2012-13 we have arranged inter B.Ed. college "Best Creative Lesson Plan Competition".
- In the academic year, 2014-15 we have arranged One Day Seminar on "Continuous Comprehensive Evaluation" was organized in collaboration with CTE, Gujarat Chapter in which more than 200 teacher trainees from different B.Ed. colleges affiliated to Veer Narmad South Gujarat University, Surat and teachers from surrounding schools participated.
- In the academic year, 2014-15 we have arranged One Day workshop on "Developing a Research Paper" was organized for B.Ed. and M.Ed. trainees in which B.Ed. and M.Ed. trainees from different colleges affiliated to Veer Narmad South Gujarat University, Surat participated.